Tuesday 16 June 2015

Amuse are called batteries in German

I was laughing while reading Elder Pinyon's email of the update for this week. It was good to able to chat with Elder Pinyon. I was all ready for bed and I closed my eyes. I couldn't fall asleep so I looked at my phone and I saw an email from Elder Pinyon. I stayed up chatting with him until I told him that I better get some sleep.

Anyway, here's the update.

"Yesterday at church was so funny, we had 35 visitors from Salt Lake City and of course they couldn't speak any German, so we only have 20 translating devices. The bishop gave the last talk and he noticed 2 things. 1. There wasn't enough devices and 2. There was about 40 minutes and he had only prepared a 20 minute talk. So he asked the Sister in the ward that was translating to come up the front and translate from the pulpit. He asked her to translate things directly, so she did and a few of the sentences were super funny (also the fact that I could understand both languages). He said "auf Deutsch nennen wir sie Akkus" so she translated "in German we call these Batteries". It was so great to see the bishops face after she said that, it was priceless. And everyone had a little giggle. It was probably the most entertaining sacrament meeting and most learning and most spiritual. The bishop used batteries as an example in our lives, that we have spiritual batteries and that we need to
charge them. We can do that through going to church, prayer, scripture study and so forth. He gave a great example, he said his charging station for these batteries is on the table at home and the cord that is plugged in is actually going towards the ceiling. He said that we need to face our cords towards the sky/Heavens so we can also recharge our batteries.

Elder Pinyon"

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment