Tuesday 2 December 2014

Most Wonderful Experience!!

Prepare to cry throughout this week's experiences!! I cried so much!

He said "This week has been a really good one, I have seen so much progress from investigators. It truly is amazing to see the work of salvation just at your finger tips, the Lord truly does love us. So this week was FREEZING!!! I finally lived my first day of a high of -1 and a low of -3. It would be snowing right now if there was moisture in the air, but unfortunately it doesn't want to rain/snow. It is probably good because it would be a massive distraction for me, just hope that it does snow for christmas.

So we got a referral from the office from this lady. She is a self referral and her preferred language is Spanish. Now of course, I dont speak spanish, just english and german. So I was praying that she could speak a bit of german and spanish, but unfortunately not as I found out when I called her up. She answered as started speaking spanish to me, I didnt know what was going on, I just knew she was speaking something. Then I hear a little girl answer the phone and she spoke english, so we set up an appointment with her and her daughter. So we went by and her little daughter had to translate for us, which was good, but unfortunately her little daughter had only been learning german for 1 year, so she couldnt translate everything.

We asked, how did you meet the church?? She said to us "My friend is a member and invited me to find out more about the church". PLEASE SHARE THE GOSPEL WITH YOUR FRIENDS THEY REALLY DO NEED IT, I DONT KNOW WHEN THEY WILL ACCEPT IT, BUT I KNOW ONE DAY THEY WILL. Little did we know she was going to a spanish speaking ward in Berlin, no one knew that she was an investigator, her bible was a bible from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We looked on the front page of the bible and it said written in spanish. For my friend x from your friend y. (Sorry dont want to put names in). It was dated back from 2012, she had a German Book of Mormon somehow, so we brought along a spanish Book of Mormon and gave it to her and she almost cried.

As the lesson went on we spoke a little about the church and how much a blessing was. In the middle of a conversation, something told me, Elder Pinyon show her a picture. It was a bit weird, I didnt know which picture, but I showed her the first picture I opened up to and it was the one of John the baptist baptising Christ. She saw and and she was happy. She then with so much humility pointed to it and said ICH WILL. In English that means I WANT and I WILL DO IT. We were so happy, but we spoke a little about baptism and that she will need to come to church, to prepare to be baptised.

After discussing that and just before we left, we asked the daughter, Glaubst du an Gott?? (Do you believe in God?). She paused and the spirit was there and we were waiting for her answer. Meanwhile in the background, her mum had understood the question and her mum had the face of "please believe in God, that is all I want for you". After a long 1 minute silence the little 11 year old girl said "ja, glaube ich an Gott" (yes, I believe in God). Her mother almost cried when she said that, her mother was so proud and so pleased that her daughters desire was the same. They both want to be baptised before the end of the year. We left and told them we would meet them on Sunday and travel together to church.

So Sunday came along, it was -2 Degress Celcius and I was freezing, I was really praying that they were coming to church. We went to the house and pressed the button to klingel the family. They never answered, so I tried again, still no answer, I was thinking, oh no, they arent coming. I pulled out my phone about to call them and down came the mum and being so excited that she could come to church with us. We couldnt speak with her, but somehow, we could communicate with her, she said that her husband was coming too and he came with us to church. Now comes the good part....we are at church and we get someone to try to interpret for them, but they can only do it during one of the classes, so I sat next to them during sacrament meeting and tried to communicate through google translate (please only use google translate in emergencies like this).

After Sacrament meeting was over, I asked them what they thought of the Sacrament meeting and they said they understood a lot of it. I dont know if they really did, but I could tell that the spirit had made an impression upon their hearts, that will most likely change their lives forever. After Sacrament meeting I showed them the baptismal font and tried to tell them, this is where you will be baptised and they were so excited when they saw it, they really just want to be baptised. Next time we meet with them we will be inviting them to be baptised as a family and I am so excited for this family, it is amazing to see their commitment to the Gospel already.

Also my trainee is getting transfered and I am staying in freezing cold berlin :( oh well, it happens.

Elder Pinyon"

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment