Tuesday 10 November 2015

The Title of Liberty

A long subject title, "In memory of our GOD, our RELIGION, and FREEDOM and our PEACE, our WIVES, and our CHILDREN. - the title of Liberty"

Here's this week's update.

"Hello my friends and family,

This week was crazy, awesome, exciting and short. I love my companion, Elder Green is the best, we love each other and we work really well together. He is always looking for opportunities to serve and loves the people. He's just great.

So on Thursday night I left Elder Green in Zwickau with another Distrikt Frau (the DL's companion is called a Distrikt Frau in our mission). One of my favourite missionary mates, Elder Schofield and I
drove up to Leipzig and slept the night with 7 other Elders. We had 9 Elders in the apartment that night.

Friday morning we went to Berlin and had a great Leadership Training Meeting. Seeing President again is always great. I learnt a lot. Look out this month for the new Christmas initiative "a Saviour is born". It's going to be great. After LTM, we drove home and stopped in at Leipzig on the way and got a Döner. I love Döner, that'll be something I'm going to miss a lot when I go home. We finally got home on Friday night. Elder Green was very happy that I was home, for a few good reasons :) I love him.

Saturday we taught 2 awesome friends of ours. One of them is a German that lived in America for 10 years. She is really cool and said, "if there is one church I would join, it'd be yours". So we just are
working with what we got now :)

Saturday afternoon, Elder Schofield, Elder Green, Elder Bridge and I drove up to Leipzig for Stake
conference. We had a really great time there. Also my good friend, Elder Timothy J Dykes was there, didn't get a photo this time though. Also in Leipzig, we stayed over night, was again a good night :)
Sunday morning we had stake conference and it was amazing. I sang in the choir and the spirit was amazing. The best stake conference that I've had on my mission. So happy it was my last one on the mission.

There was a lot of great talks, my 2 favourite were probably number 1. Elder Dykes talk about the Sacrament. My 2nd favourite was a talk given by a couple about ewige Ehe, wow that one was good :D Elder Dykes spoke of how important it is to think about Christ during the sacrament. That we don't need to read our scriptures during sacrament meeting to remember him, neither do we need to read in the Liahona during sacrament meeting, but that we need to better understand the symbols of the sacrament and take Christ more into our lives through the Sacrament. I loved it. Please do it.

Well another great week in Zwickau, I love this place, it is wonderful to be here. I love you all so very much and I wish you all the best!!

Take care,

Elder Jacob Pinyon"

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment