Tuesday 3 November 2015

New Area. New Companion and District Leader again

This week's email sounds like a very great and busy week.

This week's email says
"Hey friends and family.

Wow what a week we have had here in Germany. So as some of you know, I got transferred to Zwickau, a little city of about 100,000 people. There I will train and white wash the area. So on Tuesday I went down to the train station and half of the branch came to say good bye to me. It was such a humbling moment. Just to have the members there and to cry with them. It was nice.

So for the next 7 hours I sat on a train until I got down to Zwickau. My new flat is the nicest flat I've had in my whole entire mission. So during this time I stayed with other missionaries, because my trainee wasn't in Germany yet. I stayed with one of my good mission friends, Elder Schofield. Love that kid.

On Wednesday I had District Meeting with Elder Schofield's district and it was lots of fun. After DM we went and did some service for a member and I love doing service it is so much fun. We did some garden work. At the end I'll send you some pics :)

Wednesday night I took a train down to Freiberg all by myself. I'll tell you something, being by yourself as a missionary on a train is so weird haha. That night I got to be with the other trainers and also the AP's and the Mission President. It was a lot of fun. We had pizza for dinner and ice cream for dessert. Wednesday evening we had a trainers conference and it was really good.

Thursday morning started off with a 40 minute jog through the country side. Was really pretty, but it was freezing cold. Having a nice hot shower was the most desirable amount missionaries this day. We had an hour long meeting inside the under construction temple and it was so beautiful to be in the baptismal room. Evening though it's not consecrated, it is still a holy place and the spirit is amazing.

We then had a temple tour by our Temple square sister Missionaries. That was really informational. Then afterwards, we found out who would be our new companion for the next 12 weeks. I was the first one to be called up, and my new companion is ...............................……Elder Green from American Fork, Utah. He is a super cool guy.

We have had so much fun already. Especially getting lost in our city sorta fun. After we arrived home, we went straight out and did some solid work and then had correlation meeting with our WML (ward mission leader), who is the man!!! He is so cool.

Friday and Saturday were awesome work days. We had District Meeting. Being my second time as District Leader, I got to change a few things I didn't like from what I did the first time. Also just being a zone leader, I got to see what they expect from district leaders. So it was nice. It was really great. We have a huge district. It's 8 Elders. So I'm going to be having about 7 exchanges per transfer. So I'm pretty excited.

Being at church on Sunday was amazing. I loved it so much. The ward here is great. It's really big and the people are really friendly. They love us already, I think it's the Aussie charm :P thank goodness I'm an Aussie. Life is great tho, I'm excited for the next few weeks.

I love you all so much and wish you all a great week. Take care and until next week.
Elder Pinyon"

A reminder the photos will be uploaded onto Facebook and posted on the "Mission Photos" section of this blog.

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment