Tuesday 17 November 2015

Everyone Got to See a Special Someone Yesterday!!!

Here's this week's update. I do apologise that I didn't share last week's update on Facebook last week. 

"Hey my dear friends and family, 

This last week was crazy, I just love it. The work is awesome and everything is going great. We got a text on Friday morning that we'd have a conference call for the whole mission. I didn't know what to expect, we got it and we found out a big surprise for everyone. Everyone had to go to Berlin on Sunday to meet a special someone.

We got all our trains together and got hair cuts and polished our shoes. It was fun. Unfortunately along the way on Saturday we found out about the tragedy that happened in Paris. My love goes out to those, also I am grateful the Lord protected all the missionaries and members.

So on Sunday we drove up to Berlin and it was a lot of fun getting there. Our trains were late and we missed a few because of it, but we got there on time, so happy to get there. So the special someone was Elder M. Russell Ballard of the quorum of the 12 Apostles. He came with President and Sister Kearon of the Europe Area Presidency and Elder and Sister Christensen of the Presidency of the Seventies. They all spoke to us the words of the Lord. The spirit was amazing!!!

Before the meeting we got to shake their hands, it was a pleasure to meet Elder Ballard. Some things that I learnt were that we MUST be GREAT TEACHERS. We have great competition (aka Satan). How to become a great teacher. Prayer is essential to missionary work. Help the ward. The members NEED to pick up their slack. (Elder Ballard turned around to the Stake President and said and I quote "you need to start a fire in the members pants. Get them excited." Please members, get that fire into you, we need your help to be able to help OUR brothers and SISTERS, God NEEDS you!

The greatest teachers are those that:
Understand the doctrine of chapter 3 of PMG
Know that they are a servant of the Lord
ALWAYS SMILE!!!
Ask the people who they think God is
Being bold

Elder Ballards invitation to us is to read 3 Nephi 11. I invite you to do that too. Learn what the Saviours first words to the Nephites are. He loves you.

I love you, I hope you'll have a great week.

Talk care,

Elder Pinyon"

If you have any questions, please email me directly at megangreen20131@gmail.com

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment