Monday 29 February 2016

Jesus Christ really does love us.

The moment comes to realisation that Elder Pinyon has sent me his last email entry as a full time missionary. It is exciting to know that he will arriving back to Australia this week. Wow! Where did the last 2 years and a bit go? There is still HOPE for this blog to reach 10,000 total page views before Elder Pinyon gets home. There is only very limited days left.

Elder Pinyon has said,

"Jesus Christ really does love you.

Hello my dear Family and Friends,

This here is my last entry as a full time missionary. It brings me tears to know it's my last. I want to thank you all for your help, love and support. Today, I'd love to talk about love and Christlike love.

Is there a difference? What is love? What is Christlike love? Many of these questions have I tried to answer during my mission. Some of them answered and some I am still working on finding the answer. Something that was promised to me, is that I would go on my mission, feel and see the love of God that He has for me and His children and then be able to share the pure love of Christ with others. I know that I have felt the love of God on my mission. More than once and I am truly grateful for the love that He offers me.

John 3:16 says: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God loves us. There is a hymn in the Music Hymn book from our church. It's called "I Stand all Amazed" (#193). The first and second verse say:

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified, That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.

I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine, That he should extend his great love unto such as I, Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

Then with a wonderful chorus leading this beautiful hymn:

Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me! Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

This hymn and these words, just sum up my feelings that I feel everyday because of my Saviour, Jesus Christ and His Father, our Heavenly Father, God. I'm truly grateful for the love that God gives
me. I know He cares. He does watch out for us and He wants us to become better.

My favourite scripture in the English holy writ is John 15:13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

The reason I love this scripture is because it explains everything for me. When I have a problem, when I am stressed, when I feel like someone has done wrong to me, I turn to this scripture and understand that I am a loved child of my Heavenly Father.

Christ is truly there for us and he only wants what's best for us. I know this, because I have seen Him change my life and also the life of many in Germany. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Gods kingdom on Earth and that it is the only church that has a fullness of truth. I know God lives and loves us, every single one of us. He has changed so many lives and will keep on doing that, until His work is complete. I love you all, take care and until next week.

Elder Pinyon

PS. The updates will keep coming, I'll tell you all about my homecoming and about my 30 hour flight home.

Sent from Elder Pinyon"

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment