Tuesday 16 February 2016

If you want to be a master teacher, you must first be a master student

For the past weeks, I have been noticing Elder Pinyon sends me a email either during our conversation or send me directly about the weekly updates. About 3 weeks ago, Elder Pinyon has asked me to stop posting on his Facebook wall about blog updates. As far as I know, Elder Pinyon sends me updates directly because it saves time.

The advantages to that is he gets more time to email other friends, email family and he still gets the time to talk to me via emails. This week's update is short and amazing.

Subject: If you want to be a master teacher, you must first be a master student

Message: 

"Nicodemus came unto Christ one night and said to Him "Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God".

What is a great teacher and what is a great student?

A great student is someone who listens and takes council. They are teachable and open for new ideas, so they can try to apply that to their own lives. Great Students are those who seek to learn. Sometimes they don't have the best grades or the best scores at school, but they are those who put in the most effort. Effort is where success is found. If we always give our best, no matter what the outcome may be, God will bless us.

A great teacher is someone who is loving, caring and wants to give. Their passion is to always help their neighbour. We have 2 great teachers, they are:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The Holy Ghost
John 14:26 says the following: but the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall TEACH you all things, and BRING all things to your REMEMBRANCE, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So great teachers, Teach and bring to remembrance.
Our Saviour Jesus Christ did the same as He was speaking with Nicodemus. He taught him about baptism and how a man must be born again. Nicodemus, he was a little confused. Christ helped him understand that we must be born again through the Spirit. That our sins need to be washed away so we can become clean and live with God again.

I hope we all can become teachers from God. That should always be our goal, I know it's one of mine.

I love you all and have a great week

Elder Pinyon

Sent from Elder Pinyon."

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment