Monday 25 January 2016

Happy Australia DAY!!!

A friendly reminder it is myself Megan Green who has been updating this blog.
Here is what Elder Pinyon has said for this week's update.

"Hello dear friends and family,

First and foremost: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi

Wow, what an amazing week that I got to experience in Freiberg and everywhere else. It was truly amazing to be on the temple square in Freiberg and to be able to feel the love of God, just to know that the Temple is truly the house of the Lord!!! I'm so very grateful that we have temples, that we can use, so that we can go in there and make further covenants with our Heavenly Father and to be able to be sealed to our Families for eternity!!!

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to give a lesson with a member in Priesthood meeting. Our lesson was about self reliance. We based it around 3 Questions:
1. What does the Gospel mean to me?
2. What helps me to feel the love of God?
3. How can I share this with others?

Question number one
The first thing that we made clear is that the Gospel, should make one happy and bring joy and peace into our lives. The Gospel is everything to me, without the Gospel, I wouldn't be able to become perfect and I wouldn't be able to live with my family again in the eternities. The Gospel is the Atonement of Jesus Christ, without it, we wouldn't be able to make any progress in this life, nor live with our loving Heavenly Father again. My dear friends and family, I invite you to find more out about the Gospel and what it has to offer for you. I can promise you that it'll bring you only joy and peace in your life. It is the one thing that we need.

Question number two
What is the love of God?
There is a story of Prophet that has a vision of a Tree, this tree is called the Tree of Life. Upon this tree are white fruits, that when one would eat it, the person would receive eternal life. Before anyone could get to this tree, there was a small passage or path that one needed to travel along, before getting to the tree. Along the path there was also an iron rod, which led to the tree, which would guide the people to the tree.

The Iron rod, represents the Word of God, or the scriptures that we can search so we can come closer and closer to God. Just like holding onto the rod and taking step for step, we get closer to the tree.
The small and narrow path/passage represents the way that we need to take, but there will be trials and things that'll try and get you off the path, so that you can be dragged away from God.
The fruit on the tree represents the eternal life that we get when we accept God and act upon His words in our life.

The tree represents the LOVE OF GOD. The Love of God comes after the trial of our faith. A Book of Mormon Prophet, named Moroni, once said in Ether 12:6 "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." God LOVES you, never doubt it. He is there to help you whenever you need Him.

The Love of God is the feelings that you get when you just feel so overwhelmed or when you feel like your being loved, but you don't know who is loving you. God loves us all. I know that without any doubts!

Question number three
If we know that the Gospel brings us joy and the love of God truly is there, what is stopping us from sharing this wonderful message. What stops us from being there for our friends to invite them to come unto Christ and to accept His Gospel, so they can be saved just like we will be saved at the last day.

MY DEAR FRIENDS, God is there! He loves you! He loves you so much that He sent His only begotten Son (Jesus Christ) to suffer, so that we could become perfect and be able to live with Him again.

I only want you to know this, because of the joy and peace it brings me, but also because you are my friends. Come unto Christ and become perfected in Him. I invite you all.

I hope you have a great week and take care,

Elder Pinyon"

Stay Tuned,

No comments:

Post a Comment