Wednesday 23 September 2015

Marius was Baptised! Tattoos and Piercings

Elder Pinyon emailed me and this is what he said.

"Marius wurde getauft!!! Marius was baptised!!! Our little 8 year old friend got baptised by his daddy on Sunday after church! We got to teach him all the lessons and the family brought about 6 of their non member friends to his baptism. It was lots of fun :)

Also today, I was studying in the Book of Mormon and I came across an interesting scripture and I just wanted to share it with you all. It is found in Alma 3:4. It says: "4 And the Amlicites were distinguished from the Nephites, for they had marked themselves with red in their foreheads after the manner of the Lamanites; nevertheless they had not shorn their heads like unto the Lamanites."

As I studied about this, something came to mind, I wonder how this relates to the latter days. Or how can I apply this to today? I then went into the student institute manual and found something. Now this
is quote from President Gordon B. Hinkley (1910-2008), one of our dearly beloved prophets. He said:
“Now comes the craze of tattooing one’s body. I cannot understand why any young man--or young woman, for that matter--would wish to undergo the painful process of disfiguring the skin with various multicolored representations of people, animals, and various symbols. With tattoos, the process is permanent unless there is another painful and costly undertaking to remove it. Fathers, caution your sons against having their bodies tattooed. They may resist your talk now, but the time
will come when they will thank you. A tattoo is graffiti on the temple of the body.

“Likewise the piercing of the body for multiple rings in the ears, in the nose, even in the tongue. Can they possibly think that is beautiful? … The First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve have
declared that we discourage tattoos and also ‘the piercing of the body for other than medical purposes.’ We do not, however, take any position ‘on the minimal piercing of the ears by women for one pair of earrings’--one pair”

My dear friends, families and guests, I stand with this Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinkley, tattoos and to many piercings are not for the body. I love you all!!!

Sent from Elder Pinyon"

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment