Wednesday 12 November 2014

More Success

Elder Pinyon mentioned a lot through the email. A reminder, I don't copy and paste the whole email, just updates.

He said

"This week was a good week, I feel that by the end of the week we were starting to see more success rather than at the start of the week. I am not sure why it felt like that, but I am sure to keep looking back on that so that we can fix anything so we can help along with the work of salvation and bring our brothers and sisters back to where they need to be. This week was really good for me as a missionary and also as a District Leader. I had district leader school and I learnt a lot that I am greatful for, becuase now I know how to use the Mission Training Plan, I know how to set worthy goals that the Lord would be pleased about and goals that we can acheive. But all in all, I learnt how to be a better missionary.

Zone Training Meeting fell out this week so I decided that we needed a District Meeting so that we could come together and discuss about the goals we had set and also the goals that we would set. I had the wonderful opportunity to share with the Lords district what I learnt in District Leader School and help them become members of the Lords District. On Friday, I was able to have the opportunity to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders and I went to Tiergarten with a zone leader. There on Thursday night we met with an investigator that is actually from our area and we had an amazing hour long lesson with this investigator and the spirit was thick, you could feel it and could not deny that it was there. I learnt so much about how important asking the right questions are and just relying on the Lord, because it was an unplanned lesson.

Later during the exchange on Friday we did quite a lot of finding, but I was able to receive some great tips on how to better my finding skills and also able to help towards the work in the Tiergarten area as we found a new investigator. On Sunday we had a random call at about 10am so just after priesthood and it was a contact that had received a card from us and wanted to meet with us, so we invited him to come to church, he came for about the last 5 minutes, but we took him to a eating appointment wit hus and he really enjoyed the atmosphere and understood that the members really do love him, this week we will start our teaching with him. Also an investigator is progressing really well, she has been coming to church and we are still waiting to meet with her parents until we can baptise her, but she brought money along yesterday to pay tithing, she really wants to be baptised and she is really progressing really well. I am excited, hopefully this week we can meet with her parents. Please pray for us that everything will work out.

I have a funny story for you as well you can add to the blog.... I acutally met a girl on the street the other day and she is from Bavaria and I was talking to her about Australia because she visited there for 3 months and about swimming in the great barrier reef and everything, so I tried to ask her if we could  meet sometime, but I said to her "Können wir uns tauchen?" and not "können with uns treffen?" So the difference is that the first one I said "CAN WE IMMERSE OURSELVES?" and then I said to myself, that is not correct, umm and she laughed and thought that it was cute, haha. but then I just explained that my german isnt perfect and she understood.

Elder Pinyon"

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment