Tuesday 3 March 2015

Wunder Der Woche (Miracle of the Week)

Elder Pinyon emailed me. He mentioned a lot for this week's update. He said, "WUNDER DER WOCHE (Miracle of the Week) A few weeks ago we found him on the street and he told us that, he had prayed to speak with someone who would talk to him about God. We spoke to him about the Book of Mormon and made out an appointment with him for the coming few days. He is young, he is really excited about the gospel and he is German. Last night in our appointment with him, everything was amazing, but I need to start at the start of the day. Well actually Saturday night.

We called Daniel to ask him if he would come to church and he said no, but 10 minutes later he called us back and said, I have some free time, I would love to come to church and check it out. As soon as we found that out, we told the YSA about it so they could meet him and get to know him. He walked with us and we rode the bus to church, he was a little bit excited because he didn't really know what to expect, but when he came he loved it. He loved that everyone was sharing their
testimonies. He said he felt the spirit. He felt it so much that he felt that he should go an bare his testimony as well, but he didn't.

After church and in our appointment, we asked him how church was, he said after he left, he started fasting, he wanted to try it out. Also he wants to pay fast offering next week at church for his fast. During our lesson we discussed with him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And once we explained baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, we invited him to baptism and he said yes straight away. He
said that he wanted to be apart of this church. It was such a testimony builder for me, to see the desire that people have to change their lives, so they can come to know Christ and God. 

After we finished discussing our lesson, we asked him to pray about the date that we had set for him and he said in the most humblest way, I already know that it is the right date, but I will do it. He also
prayed at the end of the lesson, the spirit was so strong, it is something that I have only felt a few times on my mission, but I know that he is a chosen one. I know that this work is so true, I love the
opportunity that I have, to help Daniel towards making a covenant with God, I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is just the start, like is says in 2 Nephi 31:19 - And now my beloved brethern after ye have gotten into this straight and narrow path, I would ask you if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay.

This week we also went to a little dorf called Plön, it was really small and not to successful haha. But we got some nice pics. After we got home, I found that my glass had broken AGAIN!! So my companion offered to fix it for me, so he glued it with some super glue and yea, he was rubbing the glue onto the glass and his finger couldn't move anymore and he was stuck to the glass. So he had to use his knife to get his finger off the glass. That involved a lot of time and pain haha. We always learn from our mistakes. :D

Have a great week.

Elder Pinyon"

Friendly reminder the photos are on this blog under "Mission Photos" and on Facebook under "MTC & Mission Photos." 

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment